Thursday, August 30, 2012

Regina Phalange





I have a love/hate relationship with mani/pedis. The abbreviation for them alone can be hilarious/infuriating when you intend to text your mother, "Hey! Let's get mani/pedis!!" but due to the embarrassment inducing function known as auto correct actually send, "Hey! Lets get many penis!!"


 A good manicure can make you want to flash jazz hands at every available onlooker, and pile on the rings to get maximum attention on your phalanges. A bad manicure can make you want to slap your manicurist or scream out in pain or throw a bf and write a letter to the owner of the salon about how ghastly your tips look, "Dear Mr. Nails 2000+...". A sub-par pedi can be even more disastrous and leave you with toes that look like Baby Sinclair from the show Dinosaurs. I was lucky enough to receive an amzing mani/pedi yesterday from Vanity at the Embarcadero and am pleased as can be with the results. I picked Bevin by Zoya, a muted green hue that looks rad with my finger adornments. My manicure was not only beautifying, it was educational- I discovered  that Zoya polishes are toxin free and all natural, Zoya was the first to remove toxic ingredients such as toluene, camphor, formaldehyde and DBP (dibutyl phthalate) from the polish formulations. Going green while getting green, wrap your head around that! My green thumbs inspired me to partake in some flower arranging and I am quite proud of the results.


Normally I'm wrestling with stems, swearing, chopping arbitrary foliage until I am left with a big pile of mulch. Not this time!! Me and my nails were in the zone and I've got a fierce centerpiece to show for it. I love the color, avoided having formaldehyde fingers, and did not end up looking like an infant ancient reptile.Score. Time to wave at unsuspecting strangers and make them green with envy over my mossy colored paint job.


1 comment: