Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beauty Breakdown


This past Saturday, before the bodysuit bonanza began, I decided to partake in my sole form of cardio as of late- shopping. I had reached dangerously low levels of all my favorite beauty products; this alone  is enough to get my heart racing but paired with the rush of adrenaline I get when I enter fine retail establishments I basically broke out in a full blown sweat during my intense Saturday shopping spree. I tricked Ryan into coming with me under the guise of a quick stop at Sephora,  but when I casually made a beeline for the sunglass department at Nordy's he was onto my ulterior motives and none too pleased. The excursion turned into an intense workout of my credit card at multiple locations and a mini-meltdown midway through when Ry just couldn't bear to watch me try on one more pair of sunnies.


  After some deep soul searching I decided upon a pair of oversized Wayfarers that I'm actually obsessed with, the old man brown leather case they come in makes them even more legit and I fully intend to handle them with tender love and care. This may prove to be a daunting task because my last four pairs of sunglasses have been bent, smashed or stepped on by yours truly. 
When I finally did make it to my intended destination, Sephora, I picked up my favorite facial moisturizer, the Wild Rose 24-hour Brightening and Moisturizing Cream from Korres that is simultaneously softness-inducing and delicious smelling. Its like walking into a garden of roses and emerging with a kick-ass complexion, does it get any better than that? I was a little depressed when I discovered that the be all end all of lip plumpers, LipFusion, is no longer carried at Sephora. This gloss is so crazy good it gives you a collagen injection-like pillowy pout without the pain or fear of permanent trout mouth. Alas, I will now and forever be purchasing my LipFusion via the internet, which is probably a good thing considering the strife I caused on this shopping excursion. I have included the links for some of my favorite products below to make scoring some big haute beauty loot easy as can be!
One last stop on my crazy train was at the salon for some big haute hair essentials: Oleo-relax from Kerastase that makes my hair soft as spun silk and tames most of my frizz, Shu Umera Shape Paste to dirty up the 'do and of course Elnett Satin Hairspray- big haute hair's formerly banned BFF. I feel like a new woman now that I'm fully stocked with all my lotions and potions and I've got some sweet shades to shield my peepers from the non-existent San Francisco sun. My shopping frenzy was a total success and although Ry was temporarily peeved with me for my devil-woman trickery he just can't resist my sweet smelling skin and bouncy hair.


 
  ( L'OrĂ©al Paris Elnett Satin Hair Spray - Extra Strength , Fusion Beauty Lipfusion Collagen Lip Plump Blingfusion Limited Edition - Beach Baby - 8.22G/0.29ozRay-Ban Original Wayfarer In Black black 54 )



2 comments: