Tuesday, September 18, 2012

1 Leotard 5 Ways Part Deux: Smells Like Teen Spirit

photos courtesy of Ryan Beren
My second installment of "1 Leotard 5 Ways" is an ode to my favorite fashion genre: nineties grunge. Ripped denim, Kurt Cobain, 90210 and a general sense of angst define the nineties and were my inspiration for part deux of my foray into the expansive world of the adult onesie.  I've paired my karma chameleon-like American Apparel bodysuit with the archetypical grunge girl garb; shredded cut-offs, ripped black stockings and chunky-heeled boots in an attempt to walk a mile in Kelly Taylor’s shoes.  

 Striped bodysuit, tights, watch: American Apparel
Cutoffs: Levi's
Boots: Vince Camuto
Hat: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Ray Ban

The smell of teen spirit was thick in the air and it seemed to have a sedative effect on my mood because all I wanted to do was lay in the hammock and dream of taking a ride in Dylan McKay’s Porsche Speedster.



Beat it. I'm saving myself for Luke Perry.

This outfit is a great transition from summer to fall because it keeps my favorite Levi's cutoffs relevant for the upcoming season. I was so comfortable I never wanted to change again, until I had a minor panic attack at the realization of how many layers existed between me and the inevitable call of nature; but if you keep the beverage guzzling to a minimum this outfit is a real winner! I topped it all off with a bowler hat and somehow ended up resembling Heisenberg from Breaking Bad, probably the closest I will ever get to heroin chic.

3 comments: